Canine Blood Donor
Your Dog Can Be a Hero!
- Must weigh at least 55 lbs but 70 lbs is preferred.
- 1-7 Years Old
- On HeartWorm Prevention w/ a current negative heartworm test on file
- On Flea and Tick prevention
- Up to date on vaccines (DAPP and Rabies)
- Not on long term medication
- Spayed / Neutered
- Has not received a previous transfusion
- Is healthy and can sit quietly for 20-30 minutes to ensure the donation process is smooth.
- How often can my dog donate? – As often as every 8-12 weeks for a total of 6 times per year.
- How much does the process cost? – There is no charge to our pets parents, but there are many benefits to your pet including a free exam, bloodwork etc.
- Do dogs have different types of blood like humans? – Yes, a dogs blood type is more varied and complicated. Potential donors are tested for the most common four types plus antibodies.
Canine Blood Donor Program in Prescott, AZ
If you would like your dog to be a canine blood donor, please fill out our donor evaluation form.