Canine and Feline Boarding In Prescott, AZ
When planning family vacations or even trips for work, it is important to consider who will be caring for your pets when you are away.
Here at Prescott Animal Hospital we offer veterinary supervised boarding for both dogs and cats.
Why Choose Us?
- The boarding facility is located in our award winning veterinary practice that is held to over 900 standards of care.
- Skilled animal care attendants cater to your pet’s medical needs.
- Reduced stress environment!
- Basic grooming services available.
- We require flea & tick preventative; know your pet is safe with us!
- We are open 7 days a week.
- Call and make a boarding reservation. When making your pet’s boarding reservation, please allow time on your schedule for check-in and check-out (approx. 20 minutes).
- Apply flea/tick prevention monthly. Please read below for our Flea and Tick policy.
- Proof of current vaccinations. Vaccinations should be administered at least 10 days prior to boarding to ensure your pet, and our other pet guests, are protected against disease.
- Bring all medications, in their original container, labeled with your pet’s name, the medication name and dosage and prescribed directions.
- If your pet visits any other vet offices, please bring records of those visits, including any history of seizures, allergies, or other important information.
- Please make sure you bring emergency contact information.
- Please do not bring your pets bed, blankets, toys, or food dishes. We will make sure your pet is comfy and has lots of love during his or her stay with us.
Pet Boarding Policy
During admission to Prescott Animal Hospital boarding, our Animal Care Attendants will discuss your pet’s individual needs during his or her stay. You will be presented with a form which outlines specific needs of your pet and also acts as a medical release in the event medical treatments should become necessary during your pet’s stay, such as illness or injury. Please allow additional time to review this paperwork during your pet’s check-in appointment.
It is our policy that documented veterinarian administered vaccines are given 10 days prior to admission for all of our pet guests that are checking-in for boarding and grooming services.
For Cats, we require Feline Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies vaccine per the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) guidelines.
For Dogs we require Distemper/Parvovirus (DAPP), Bordetella (kennel cough) and Rabies Vaccination, per the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) guidelines.
Prescott Animal Hospital reserves the right to refuse un-vaccinated animals to our boarding facility due to the risk of disease transfer to our other pet guests and our staff.
Flea and tick preventative
Also for your pet’s protection, Prescott Animal Hospital requires a current flea and tick treatment for all of our pet guests, such as Credelio and Revolution Plus. We also recommend year-round internal parasite prevention using a preventative such as Interceptor Plus. This will protect your pet against intestinal parasites and Heartworm all year long.
If during your pet’s stay, he or she is found to have fleas, ticks or parasites, a treatment will be administered at your expense.
Any medications, nursing care or special exercise requests will incur additional fees. Please make sure that prescribed medications are in a container and that instructions are clearly noted on the prescription label. Please do not mix medications in with your pet’s food.
Daily exercise, diet and bedding
All of our canine pet guests will be walked four times a day unless requested otherwise by you.
Our pets often do best on the food they eat at home. However, Royal Canin Canine Digestive Low Fat or Royal Canin Feline Intestinal High Energy dry will be provided by Prescott Animal Hospital. Any requested diet other than these must be supplied by the owner. Your pet will be fed per your instructions.
Clean bedding will be provided daily with Prescott Animal Hospital. We ask that collars, leashes and carriers be taken home with you after check-in. Our Pet Care Attendants are able to provide anything your pet may need during his or her stay with us.
To reduce stress and anxiety during your pet’s visit, we play soothing music designed to reduce pet anxiety. We also diffuse stress-reducing pheromones into the environment which helps to calm your pet. If you have further questions regarding our efforts to reduce stress for our patients and pet guests, feel free to ask one of our team members.
If your pet needs an examination with a veterinarian, we encourage you to schedule an appointment independently from boarding so that the veterinarian may address concerns and discuss treatment options with you in person.
There will be a fee for any exam, vaccinations or other services required. All pertinent medical treatment and findings will be documented in your pet’s medical records and discussed with you upon discharge from Prescott Animal Hospital. Please make sure to update your contact information during check-in so we can reach you for any reason.
As a courtesy, all canine pet guests staying with us for longer than 4 days will be given a bath 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time. If you prefer that your pet is not bathed, please let us know during your check-in visit.
We reserve the right to refuse boarding to difficult or aggressive animals.
Please inform our office if you should change your anticipated arrival and release dates.
Boarding Drop Off Consent Form
If your pet is going to be boarding with us please take a moment to fill out our boarding drop off consent form.
Pet Boarding Services In Prescott, AZ
For more information or to book an overnight stay for your dog or cat, call us at (928) 445-2190